Re: Exemplifying apostrophes

From: Tom Gewecke (tom@bluesky.org)
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 15:34:49 CDT

    John Hudson wrote:

    > French emails cross my
    > screen from time to time, and I've never seen care taken in them to
    > put
    > extra space before semicolons or colons etc.
    French keyboard layouts, at least on a Mac, have NBSP easily
    available for those who wish to put spaces before their punctuation
    and avoid having it broken away at line ends. Ironically the Apple
    Mail program doesn't itself input them correctly, and this has
    resulted in some complaints, reflected by this blog article:

    http://m10lmac.blogspot.com/2008/01/work-around-for-mails-nbsp-bug.html