Re: Exemplifying apostrophes

From: Dominikus Scherkl (lyratelle@gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 13:21:29 CDT

    John Hudson schrieb:
    > Asmus wrote:
    > Is that what people 'write' (input) though? French emails cross my
    > screen from time to time, and I've never seen care taken in them to put
    > extra space before semicolons or colons etc.
    Yes they do. Beleve me.
    At the moment I receive several french e-Mails every day.

    And e-Mail readers don't treat them very good, as none of them
    keeps such space-separated colons on the same line as the word
    they belong to: it's very often moved to the beginning of the
    next line, which looks awful.

    Best regards,

    --
    Dominikus Scherkl