Re: Glottal stop languages

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 16:37:35 CDT

    The aytham in Tamil is a glottaliser. (Aytham ஃ)

    Alphabet in Tamil, contrary to all other languages, is the name for places of articulation. I think that is what IPA also defines alphabet as.
    and aytham is the third dimensional glottaliser, doing functions such as ...
    "loosely explained q-ising!, h-ising!, etc...

    Aytham takes the form of consonants and vowels, but in third dimension, and modifies the two dimensional results in various forms.

    Sinnathurai