Re: Old Proposals

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2008 - 14:07:36 CDT

    On 6/5/2008 3:50 AM, André Szabolcs Szelp wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > is there a centralised archive of old proposals (in their original
    > form) which have been accepted into unicode, or is the only
    > referencable thing the results as they can be found in the standard?

    All proposals are archived as documetns, but many older documetns are
    not online. (I have heard that there are tentative plans to scan the
    paper copies, but nothing much has happened on that issue in at least a
    year). Online documents are accessible to members of the Consortium.
    > Also, in particular, I appreciate Michael (E.)'s effort to archive his
    > own proposals. However, Michael, the link on his homepage to
    > http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/amd19-runic.pdf is
    > broken. I would be thankful if you could fix it.

    WG2 documents are publicly available. For character proposals, that
    should encompass at least their final form. But proposals for character
    properties and algorithms are not to be found there. The documents are
    organized by sequence, not by script, and there are many documents of
    other types interspersed.

    A./