Re: About Mongolian characters in Unicode

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2008 - 11:47:12 CDT

    Hello Dagvadorj Galbadrakh

    you wrote:
    > *There are perhaps no middle and final forms of the characters.*

    Please read <http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.0.0/ch13.pdf#G18211>.

    I suppose, you also need a real good Mongolian font;
    please check
    <http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/fonts_windows.html#mongolian>.

    In Windows XP, you may also need to activate the rendering of
    complex scripts, before any Mongolian font can work as designed
    (I do not read Mongolian, and have never tried a Mongolian font,
    though). In a German Windows XP system, you activate complex
    scripts via “Start” → “Systemsteuerung” → “Regions- und
    Sprachoptionen” → “Sprachen”; however, I do not know the English
    translation of those menu items.

    Good luck,
       Otto Stolz