Re: Phaistos disk forgery?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 19:19:11 CDT

    2008/6/28 Asmus Freytag <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>:

    > Publicity stunt:
    >
    > Note the conference announcement. Also note the choice of language: "master
    > forger". Since there are no accredited educational venues for forgers, nor
    > independent professional ranking of same, such labels convey rather less
    > solid information than implied, and have an unfortunate ring of artifices
    > such as "master criminals" found in more lurid specimen of fiction.

    Eisenberg is an antiquities dealer who seems to specialize in exposing
    fake ancient art, including such famous examples as:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludovisi_Throne>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Vase>
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monteleone_Chariot>

    I guess the Phaistos Disc is just one more item on his checklist.

    Andrew