Re: Proposal to add four characters for Kashmiri to the BMP of the UCS

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 22:21:13 CDT

    Dear Pravin

    Re:
    N3480 Proposal to add four characters for Kashmiri to the BMP of the UCS
    <http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n3480.pdf>

    I'm not sure why you need the proposed precomposed
    "DEVANAGARI LETTER UE" and "DEVANAGARI LETTER UUE"

    Since these two could be easily represented by combining
    U+0905 DEVANAGARI LETTER A with the proposed
    "DEVANAGARI VOWEL SIGN UE" and "DEVANAGARI VOWEL SIGN UUE"

    - Chris