Re: wikipedia unicode font.

From: Andrew Cunningham (lang.support@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 08:00:14 CDT

    2008/7/9 Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@in-nomine.org>:

    >Still you are thinking Burmese, Mon, Shan and Karen like Latin. Just learn
    > from
    > >Martin first. Shall we need storage order specification for our languages
    > or
    > >not?
    >

    > What do you mean by 'storage order specification'? Are you referring to the
    > way combining characters need to be stored or something?

    I suspect that what he's suggesting is that it may be useful to update UTN
    11 to address any issues specifically relating to Mon, Shan and Karen.

    Although whether there are or aren't any such issues, I'd leave that to the
    experts to decide.

    But from the point of key of developing input systems, I for one would
    appreciate more detail on those languages. but then I don't have Martin's
    depth of knowledge.

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew Cunningham
    Vicnet Research and Development Coordinator