Looking for code ranges on specific languages.

From: Jonathan Woodburn (jonathan@woodburn.cc)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 13:31:23 CDT

    First, let me preface this by saying I have looked at both the
    Character Code Charts (http://www.unicode.org/charts/) and a number of
    other sites, including alanwood (http://alanwood.net/unicode/
    index.html). I have not found the answer I'm looking for there.

    I am creating a multilingual font for an internal project and am
    looking for what range of characters each language requires. I have
    13 languages total and they are as follows:
    • English
    • Spanish
    • Korean
    • Norwegian
    • German
    • Simplified Chinese
    • Traditional Chinese
    • Greek
    • Italian
    • Swedish
    • Russian
    • Danish
    • French

    So, for example, Russian would use characters at a code range of
    1024-1279 (Cyrillic characters), but that's all I've been able to
    gather from my perusing through Unicode. I don't know Cyrillic and
    there very well might be more characters elsewhere that would be
    necessary. I'm aware that often there is overlap and sometimes
    characters from a certain language are found in a number of places.

    In any case, if anyone can help me with these thirteen languages, I
    would be most grateful. As I said earlier, I have (as of yet) been
    unable to find the information elsewhere.

    Sincerely,
    Jonathan