From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 17:05:03 CDT
The Hotel Cut-Off Deadline is August 15, 2008!
Don't miss the chance to book your room!
Check out the program for IUC 32: New Tutorials, Sessions on
Case Studies, Web Topics, Security, Platforms and Algorithms
The conference, sponsored by Gold Sponsor Adobe, Inc., and Silver Sponsor Jonckers, will take place September 8-10, 2008 in San Jose, Calif., USA. The conference program is available here<http://www.unicodeconference.org/prg>.
The program committee has created an exciting program full of new and cutting-edge topics that is relevant and engaging for the internationalization community. The three-day conference will feature a full day of tutorials followed by two days of presentations, panels and discussions. There will also be technology exhibits and demonstrations.
Highlights of the Conference:
[cid:856030322@04082008-0E9E]Tutorials in Three Tracks:
* An Introduction to Writing Systems & Unicode
* Internationalization: An Introduction
* Windows Language Support: all new presentation!
* Unicode - a Grand Tour: an entirely new basic tutorial focused on practical uses of the Unicode Standard along with its Standard Annexes and Technical Reports
* Web Internationalization - Standards and Best Practices
* Java Internationalization with Eclipse and Eclipse RCP
* Creating XHTML/HTML Pages with Right-to-Left Scripts
* ICU in Action
* Presenters come from such organizations as IBM, i18N, Inc., Lab126 (Amazon), Microsoft, NetApp, W3C and Yahoo! Inc.
[cid:856030322@04082008-0EA5]Sessions in Three Tracks:
* Session tracks are categorized by Case Studies, Web Topics, and IDN/Language Tags on Tuesday; Algorithms, Programming/Platforms, and Scripts on Wednesday morning; and Platforms/Security, Programming/Platforms, and Scripts/Web on Wednesday afternoon.
* The following is just a small sample of some of the cutting-edge presentations that will be given at IUC 32. For the full program, visit the IUC 32 Web site.
* Updated presentation by Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect, Zend Technologies, on Internationalization Support in PHP
* New presentation by Andy Heninger, Software Engineer, Google, Inc., on Unicode Security and Spoofing Detection
* Several talks focus on Internationalized Domain Names, Language Tags and Identifiers.
* A number of new talks explore language support in emerging markets, such as India and Africa.
* Dr. Mark Davis, president, Unicode Consortium, will give an update of his very popular talk on Unicode in Google.
* Session Presenters come from such organizations as Adobe Systems, Inc.; Aoyama Gakuin University; Apple, Inc.; Bisharat; Casaba Security; C-DAC, Thiruvananthapuram; Diwan Software Ltd; Emery IT; Google, Inc.; i18N Inc.; IBM; Intel Corporation; Jim DeLaHunt & Associates; Lab126 (Amazon); Microsoft; Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India; Motorola-GTG; NetApp; SAS Institute Inc.; TopQuadrant (Ge'ez Frontier Foundation); UC Berkeley; University Brunei Darussalam; W3C; and Zend Technologies
* A hosted special interest gathering on Cultural Elements in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) will be held on Tuesday.
The Internationalization & Unicode Conference is the premier technical conference for both software and Web internationalization. Unicode and internationalization experts, implementers, clients and vendors are invited to attend this unique conference. The interactive format makes the Internationalization & Unicode Conference a great place to meet and exchange ideas with leading experts, find out about the needs of potential clients, or get information about new and existing Unicode and internationalization-enabled products.
The 32nd Internationalization & Unicode Conference is sponsored by Gold Sponsor Adobe<http://www.adobe.com/>; Silver Sponsor Jonkers<http://www.jonckers.com/>; Media Sponsors MultiLingual Computing Inc.<http://www.multilingual.com/>, Globalization Insider<http://www.lisa.org/globalizationinsider>; and Organizational Sponsors Localization Industry Standards Association (LISA)<http://www.lisa.org/> and the Globalization and Localization Association (GALA)<http://www.gala-global.org/>.
The hotel registration deadline is August 15, 2008. For full conference details and to register, click here<http://www.unicodeconference.org/reg>. Sponsorships and exhibit space are available; for more information on sponsoring contact Ken Berk, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, +1-781-444 0404, or exhibiting contact Kevin Loughry, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, +1-781-444 0404. For all other questions email email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
About The Unicode Consortium
The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization founded to develop, extend and promote use of the Unicode Standard and related globalization standards. The membership of the consortium represents a broad spectrum of corporations and organizations in the computer and information processing industry. Members are: Adobe Systems, Apple, Basis Technology, DENIC eG, Google, Government of India, Government of Pakistan, Government of Tamil Nadu, HP, IBM, Justsystem, Microsoft, Monotype Imaging, Oracle, SAP, Sun Microsystems, Sybase, The University of California at Berkeley, Yahoo!, plus well over a hundred Associate, Liaison, and Individual members.
For more information, please visit the Unicode Consortium at http://www.unicode.org/.
About the Event Producer
The Object Management Group™ (OMG™) is the Event Producer for the Internationalization & Unicode Conferences. For more information about OMG, visit us online at http://www.omg.org/. The Object Management Group is an international, open membership, not-for-profit computer industry standards consortium. OMG Task Forces develop enterprise integration standards for a wide range of technologies and an even wider range of industries. OMG’s modeling standards, including the Unified Modeling Language™ (UML®) and Model Driven Architecture® (MDA®), enable powerful visual design, execution and maintenance of software and other processes, including IT Systems Modeling and Business Process Management. OMG’s middleware standards and profiles are based on the Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA®) and support a wide variety of industries. OMG has offices at 140 Kendrick Street, Building A, Suite 300, Needham, MA 02494 USA. This email may be considered to be commercial email, an advertisement or a solicitation.
If you would prefer not to receive messages from the OMG, or have address corrections, please reply to this email message, requesting Unsubscribe or describing your address corrections in the body of the text. Please leave subject line intact.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Mon Aug 04 2008 - 17:13:54 CDT