Re: open source CJK ext A, B fonts

From: Christoph Burgmer (cburgmer@ira.uka.de)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 10:58:04 CDT

    Am Tuesday, 12. August 2008 schrieb Arne Goetje:
    > The above mentioned project will hopefully include all the CJKV shapes
    > as submitted by the IRG members in a distant future. Currently they
    > include mostly HK, TW and JP shaped glyphs mixed together with some
    > occasional CN glyphs in between. Work is underway to change that and
    > provide all glyph shapes in separate virtual fonts.

    Does that mean technically they come as one font, but your rendering engine
    needs to pick the right one?

    Either way. I'm happy to hear that someone is working on this. I use the fonts
    distributed with Debian and ever so often stumble upon basic characters (<
    2000 from a learners perspective), that render Japanese, though my locale is
    zh_CN.

    Thanks both of you for your answers. Sorry, I'll put my time in algorithms
    regarding CJK, so no time left for the fonts. :)

    Christoph Burgmer