Unicode & ICANN Part 4

From: linuxa linux (linuxalinux@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 13:56:04 CDT

    List

    Thanks for the latest answers and criticism on the Unicode & ICANN postings on this list.

    Fyi, I said to the ICANN-family that they was nepotism because they were not showing equality when it cam to the multilingual internet/web, please view the equality concept outlined on my Unicode & ICANN Part 3 posting to this list. Why should ASCII based internet/web always be the primarily and conventional way for the internet/web? Non-ASCII languages should also become part of the internet/web infrastructure and Unicode.org and ICANN.org etc should make this a truly multilingual internet/web a reality.

    I now move to another topic and this is to ask the list if it is possible to get a different alphabet shape (and code point) on the english/european Unicode Table group/s that can allow the option to replace a particular english/european unicode alphabet at both upper and lower cases if the user / viewer wish? I can understand that there is not a precedent however would a public petition be the way? Please say what the requirements and procedures are? Also based upon this, please can someone say how ASCII can be altered also to accommodate this?

    Regards

    Meeku