Unicode & ICANN Part 5

From: linuxa linux (linuxalinux@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 31 2008 - 17:17:08 CDT

List

I am sorry if the previous post was not understood and also any errors on the posts that have annoyed someone and anyone. There was a particular approach I put for others to examine and thank others for showing their approach. I thank the list for involvement with questions and criticism about the Unicode & ICANN postings on this list.

Specifically I would like to discuss the 11th letter of the english/european language, please view this posting with UTF-8.

I would like users and viewers the option not to use the k and K shaped letters of the english/european languages for their english/european language usages and instead use another alphabet, lower and upper case क.

There is a BBT font that does this and I state how via what someone mentioned: "English font where the glyph representing the English "k"(Unicode 0x004B and 0x006B) has been replaced by a glyph representing the Hindi [I would say Devanagri] "ka"(0x0915)" [क].

You can get the BBT font from here: http://openfontlibrary.org/media/files/BBT/239

The BBT font has both a lower and upper case equivalents for क. The lower case क is not on the Unicode Table and thus does not have a code point.

Also when you use the unicode code point 0915 alphabet [क] on the internet/web, the output generated is not qualitatively exactly the same compared to what you see on the Unicode Table at Unicode.org, for example the left upper swirl on the devanagri alphabet क is not meeting the line, see http://www.geocities.com/linuxalinux/2325.html
This becomes more visible the more you magnify the browser view.

Then when you try to use the devanagri alphabet क with the other english/european alphabets on a website, the line spacing is not equal, see http://www.geocities.com/linuxalinux/testingk.html and this becomes more visible the more you magnify the browser view.

Thus I would like to find out how a different alphabet (क) can be a given new code points and put on the english/european Unicode Table for usage by these languages? This is obviously new and there is not any precedent thus would a public petition will be the only way for it to be considered and justified?

Other further information is available from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXWRw0-zyYM
http://Kalphabet.googlepages.com

Regards

Meeku