Re: Character list for European and Canadian use in the revised keyboard standard ISO/IEC 9995-3, supplementing MES-1

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 04:39:51 CDT

    Hello,

    I might be wrong, but these questions came to my mind when I read the
    last messages:

    Isn't IJ (as a single character) deprecated, isn't the use of I + J recommended?
    Given that it's only a compatibility character, and it should not be
    used for newly input data, is it a good idea to have it on a keyboard?

    /Szabolcs