Re: Boustrophedon (was: Re: Question about the directionality of "Old Hungarian" (document N3531))

From: Hosszu Gabor (hosszu@nimrud.eet.bme.hu)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 09:10:29 CST

    Dear Doug,

    I agree with you and I also welcome your balanced view that is seen on the
    expression "Old/Sekler-Hungarian". I do not know your customs that is
    why I did not change the thread.

    The Community of the Hungarian Rovas Writers prefers the name
    "Szekler-Hungarian Rovas script" to the "Old Hungarian script" since the
    (1) Rovas writing was never extinct and (2) the "Old Hungarian" is not
    specific for the Rovas (in the Middle Ages there was old Hungarian
    scripting in Latin letters, too).

    Gábor

    Dr. Gabor Hosszu, Ph.D., Assoc. Prof.
    Dept. of Electron Devices, BME