RE: Question about the directionality of "Old Hungarian" (document N3531)

From: Ruszlan Gaszanov (ruszlan@ather.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 11:08:55 CST

    > What implementations developed for Old Italic and Hieroglyphics?
    > Hieroglyphics hasn't been encoded yet, and I don't know that there is
    > even one implementation of Old Italic that goes beyond treating it
    > like Latin/Greek/Cyrillic.

    In fact, bi-di for Greek should also be implemented with glyph mirroring, because this is what all historical RTL Greek texts look like. For that matter, I think even Latin and Cyrillic (being closely related to Greek and Old Italic) should also behave this way if someone ever decides to write them RTL.

    Glyph mirroring might also be expected from Phoenician in LTR texts (I think historical examples of this exist).

    Ruszlán