RE: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2008 - 15:40:52 CST

    The barred o with combining macron (U+04E9 U+0304) looks decent using Arial Unicode MS and Lucida Sans Unicode on Vista, but you're right that the combining macron isn't placed correctly when rendered with the most common Windows fonts. This can be fixed with minor changes to the appropriate OpenType tables.

    Is there any reason that viewing your Orok.png file requires accepting a license agreement?

    Thanks
    Murray