Re: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters

From: Raymond Mercier (rm459@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 04:49:00 CST

    Andrew wrote
    >>This just seems to be a case of not having an appropriate font installed.
    Of course if you have an appropriate font it works, but my remark just took the example of Doulos SIL, which was designed to cope with combining diacritics, and yet even that font turns out to work with only some of its characters. It just seemed to me that your remark was rather complacent.

    Raymond