Re: combining marks vs IDS (was: Why people still want to encode precomposed letters)

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 22:40:09 CST

    Quoting "John H. Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com>:

    > On Nov 20, 2008, at 5:34 AM, vunzndi@vfemail.net wrote:
    >
    >> Actually it would be wrong to say that the newer characters are
    >> all more and more obsurce. They are characters not in the larger
    >> dictionaries.
    >>

    > Actually, with two exceptions, all of the characters the UTC is
    > proposing for Extension D *are* in large, standard dictionaries.

    I should be more exact in my wording. I was here refering to the big 4
    dictionaries, which IMHO contain some pretty obscure characters, and
    and outstanding characters where encoded in Extension B (apart from a
    number of characters missed out by mistake), and the presence of some
    relatively not so obscure characters yet to be encoded.

    Regards

    John Knightley