Re: need examples of one-to-one code point correspondence exceptions

From: Javier SOLA (lists@khmeros.info)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 01:25:38 CST

In complex text scripts, split dependent vowels (or split matras) are
usually represented as two separate characters in legacy fonts, one
typed before the consonant and one after. In some of the scripts (such
as Khmer), the vowel has only one code point (but two glyphs) in
Unicode. These are examples of 2 --> 1

Javier