Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2008 - 23:30:53 CST

Vedic accents are used to indicate the emotional tone (rasa) and mood
(bhava) to be used when reciting a text - so there is already a
centuries old well thought out system for this available.

In India I once heard someone give a paper on how this "scientific"
system could be applied to improve voice recognition systems.

Happy holidays

- Chris