Re: Emoji survey

From: David Starner (prosfilaes@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 17:47:53 CST

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Mark E. Shoulson <mark@kli.org> wrote:
> And I, too, am frustrated that such things get pushed through when actual
> scripts in use to write language go begging.

Personally? Which unencoded scripts out there actually have existing
fonts and typesetting systems (i.e. real users who really want to use
them on the computer)? Tengwar? Klingon? Egyptian Hieroglyphics? I am
frustrated that so many would prefer to encode scripts that have
audiences of less than a hundred people over characters that would be
of great use to millions.