More from the emoji survey

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2008 - 15:10:00 CST

I wrote:

> In the survey cited by Christopher Fynn and translated by mpsuzuki,
> more than 72% of users who were dissatisfied with their carrier's
> emoji set said the variety of emoji was too narrow.

Another finding from the survey is that 53% of satisfied users said that
"the picture is cute" and 29% said that "moving emoji is cute," while of
the dissatisfied users, 29% said that "the emoji (of my carrier) is not
cute." So cuteness is apparently an important attribute of these
images, and the UTC should make sure that the reference glyphs for this
proposal are sufficiently cute to meet user requirements.

http://www.ewellic.org