Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 06:38:15 CST

    Christopher Fynn wrote:
    > James Kass wrote:
    >> Due to apparent problems with e-mail distribution, I will
    >> be dropping my normal practice of fiddling with the "To:"
    >> and "cc:" fields for the duration. Sorry if this means
    >> some of you will sometimes get two copies of my posts.
    >
    > Yes - what's going on with the list? - three messages I've sent to the
    > list today haven't appeared though I've tried to send them three times.

    Further to this - if I hit "Reply all" but alter the Subject:, To: or
    cc: header fields my messages are not showing up on the list but
    disappearing into the ether. Even new posts with a new Subject: disappear.

    But, just like James, if I "Reply all" without modifying Subject:, To:
    or cc: the post goes through.

    Could this have anything to do with the recent demise of ordb.org -
    which is still listed at
    <http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#11>?

    - C