RE: Emoji and Search Engines

From: Shawn Steele (Shawn.Steele@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 12:16:16 CST

    +1, I can't imagine (personal opinion) that flags can be limited to those that happen to already be in the emoji set. Flags have political connotations and political bodies are going to want their flags encoded, particularly if there's some sort of historical connection or conflict with one of the encoded flags. (And most of the countries represented by these flags have probably interacted with other countries in such a way that those other countries would like equal representation within Unicode.)

    - Shawn