Re: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 22:26:55 CST

    I think what Rick was objecting to was the quoting of significant
    portions of a long post, if not all of it, followed by +1.

    It's important to keep the length of posts down, including quotational
    material, but it's also important to keep enough of the quote in place
    so people can tell what your +1 refers to. Finding that balance, and
    also sensing when the list needs or does not need another "I agree"
    post, is the key.

    http://www.ewellic.org
    Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 21:01
    Subject: RE: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy