Re: NFC FAQ

From: Michael D. Adams (mdmkolbe@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 17:21:18 CST

    First, thank you for putting this up. As an (amateur) implementor
    this gives me a better feel for what numbers I need to target.

    However, it would be nice if you could pick samples to test that might
    give a better feel for the performance parameters of normalization.
    The "nörmalization" test is good as it shows the performance of the
    fast-path. But the "No\u0308rmalization" test doesn't really give a
    good feel for performance as the last eleven characters may or may not
    have been fast-pathed. Perhaps a few more points varying from
    completely unfast-pathable (e.g.
    "o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308o\u0308") to
    somewhat fast-pathable might be more helpful.

    Michael D. Adams
    mdmkolbe@gmail.com