Re: Runes in "The Hobbit"

From: Julian Bradfield (jcb+unicode@inf.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 05:46:15 CST

    On 2009-03-16, Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> wrote:
    > On 16 Mar 2009, at 09:35, Julian Bradfield wrote:
    >> For coding purposes, you could probably regard it as a glyphic variant
    >> of the "calc" rune ᛣ (U+16E3, missing in the font I'm using!).
    > Doesn't Tolkien use that for Z?

    No, I don't think so. (Yes, in the Moria runes, but that's
    irrelevant.)

    Incidentally, a note to the OP: please don't start a completely new
    topic by replying to an existing message - or if you do, remember to
    delete the References: and In-Reply-To: headers. This thread appears
    inside a thread devoted to regular expressions.

    Scotland, with registration number SC005336.