Re: Does OpenOffice 3.0 handle unicode?

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 22 2009 - 06:07:41 CST

    Petr Tomasek said on Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 07:58:44PM +0100,:

    > "My" OpenOffice 2.0.4 (on linux) cannot handle anything but BMP.

    Time to upgrade.

    > AFAIK OpenOffice uses the ICU library on linux. Other programs build upon the ICU
    > (such as xetex) work without any problem with SMP characters.

    True; even Pango is likely to be outdated.

    > So the conclusion: the OpenOffice is broken and what You wrote is

    About 8 months back, OO.o on my system would not support OpenType
    tables. Ugh. Oh. It did support UTF8.

    Anyways, I think your problem is irrelevant for this list. In case you
    use Debian, you can sign up on forums.debian.net or mail me off list.

    If you use any other distro, You should ask in the relevant mailing
    list about upgrading your distro. (upgrading OO.o alone may be a
    problem).

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||  http://paivakil.blogspot.com
    The wisdom of nations lies in their proverbs,