Re: On the possibility of encoding a portable interpretable object code into Unicode

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 14:40:40 CST

    John Jenkins hit exactly what I was going to say about this issue:

    > I don't think this is even arguably plain text and is, at best, a
    > solution in search of a problem

    Personally, I don't see much point in discussing the topic further on
    this list either. It's not something of interest to the UTC, as shown by
    their discussion and associated action at the last meeting. And it
    doesn't solve any problem that users in this community are having with
    Unicode, or anything else.

    Mr Overington's submitted this idea to the UTC as L2/09-010 "On the
    possibility of encoding non-text items as Unicode characters". Agenda
    item B.17. See the preliminary minutes here:
    http://www.unicode.org/consortium/utc-minutes/UTC-118-200902.html

        Rick