Re: [unicode] Re: Chinese forced to change their name hanzi

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 00:35:07 CDT

    Dear John,

    On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 15:59:27 -0600
    "John H. Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com> wrote:
    >There are. Back when I had more time than I do now, I went through
    >all the major Cantonese-English dictionaries and some general Chinese-
    >English dictionaries and cataloged the missing characters. These are
    >making up the bulk of the characters Unicode is proposing for
    >extension D. We also did a systematic review of the 1947 traditional
    >edition of the Cihai and found two missing characters there

    I was not aware that UTC found missing characters in CiHai
    1947. I think UTC's contribution to Ext. D was filed as
    IRG N1534 & 1535. IRG N1534 mentioned CiHai 1947, but in
    IRG N1535 (the collection of evidences), there was no glyphs
    that their evidences were taken from CiHai 1947. If updated
    document is published, please let me know.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki