Re: ASCII escapes for Unicode

From: Andrew Miller (A.J.Miller@bcs.org.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 08:05:25 CDT

    > Subject: ASCII escapes for Unicode
    > Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
    > From: wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu (William J Poser)
    >

    > I've put up a list of ASCII representations of Unicode characters
    > at: http://billposer.org/Software/ListOfRepresentations.html
    > In most but not all cases, the chart lists contexts in which I have seen
    > the representation used. I'm sure all of them exist but haven't always
    > kept track. I'd appreciate it if anyone who knows of other representations
    > or who can fill in information about usage would let me know. Thanks.
    >
    > Bill

    http://www.regular-expressions.info/refflavors.html lists the way that
    various regular expression engines handle Unicode characters (search for the
    Unicode Characters section). More details are given at
    http://www.regular-expressions.info/unicode.html.

    Oracle uses \xxxx within the UNISTR function (see
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/appdev.102/b25108/xedev_global.htm#i1006315
    ).

    Andrew Miller