Re: VS: Submitting Proposals (was: Re: Proposal to include CE Mark)

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 10:49:36 CDT

    I'm glad all this has now been somewhat clarified. I was initially a
    little concerned by the statement "you need to write up a proposal,
    attach the Summary Proposal Form, and submit it to the UTC for
    consideration (and later also WG2)" which seemed to imply that all
    proposals should go first to the UTC.

    Like Andrew I also feel that, with proposals for new scripts, experts on
    a particular script are more likely to attend WG2 meetings - as part of
    a national body or as invited experts - than they are to attend UTC
    meetings. Also I personally think it best when proposals and documents
    are publicly available, as they are when submitted to WG2 as this seems
    more open.

    Since ISO 10646 does not deal with Character Properties the way TUS
    does, I also agree that UTC seems to be the place for that part.

    - Chris