Dozenal chars in music

From: Thomas LAMBERT (thomas@lame-spirale.net)
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 06:11:21 CDT

    Hello,

    I'm currently writing a web application for music theory, and in this app
    (and in general in music) i would like to promote the use of the dozenal
    (duodecimal) system, because it will make additions of intervals very easier
    (among other advantages).

    For quite some time i've been roaming in unicode pages to find 2 perfects
    characters to complete the decimal numbers with no luck.
    Cause A and B reprensente notes in music, so i decided not to use them to
    avoid confusion.
    X and E are suggested too but roman numbers are also used in music to
    represent chords relatively to a scale so X may be a bad choice.

    I was wondering if you had any advice for me ?
    For example, one problem i come across is that the decimal number are
    normalized in height, and i cannot find a char that COULD BE a number : they
    always stand out (different baseline, different height). What code chart do
    you suggest ?
    Also they will have to be readable by any unicode implementation/font. Is
    that a concern ?
    Or should i just take letter to simplify ?

    Here is it what i found best : 123456789ðꜪ

    --
    http://www.lame-spirale.net
    http://twitter.com/LameSpirale