Re: Dozenal chars in music

From: Julian Bradfield (jcb+unicode@inf.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 02:25:03 CDT

    On 2009-05-23, Mark Davis <mark.edward.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
    > FYI, there's a draft ipa transform at
    > http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/transform.jsp?a=en-ipa&b=The+Quick+Brown+Foxgm
    > ɪts frɑm səm opən-sors dætə, so hæz səm glɪtʃɛz (ænd no strɛs).

    It says: "en-ipa". The ISO standards don't define the languages, but
    Ethnologue (which is what most people rely on, I think) defines "en" as
    the language spoken in the UK. No _English_ dialect pronounces fox as
    /fɑks/! (Or "data" as [dæta].)
    At least put en_US-ipa, but even then that's unfair to a number of
    American dialects.

    Scotland, with registration number SC005336.