Re: [unicode] Unihan database: kCangjie field

From: mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Date: Sun Jun 14 2009 - 00:30:59 CDT

    Hi,

    Checking the kCangjie entry for U+9762 ($BLL(B) in Unihan.txt,
    we can find this line:

            U+9762 kCangjie MWYL

    I guess, this is Cangjie version 3 style.
    If it's version 5 style, it should be MWSL.

            http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%80%89%E9%A0%A1%E8%BC%B8%E5%85%A5%E6%B3%95

    According to UTR#38, kCangjie field is based on Christian
    Wittern's cangjie-table.b5.

    >Tag: kCangjie
    > This incorporates data from the file cangjie-table.b5
    > by Christian Wittern.

    According to Christian Wittern's web site at Kyoto Univ.,
    it seems that he has not updated cangjie-table.b5 since
    1993-Nov.

    http://kanji.zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~wittern/publications/data/index.html
    >Cangjie Table: Table of all cangjie input keys,
    > with radical / stroke and BIG5 code ,
    > in: ftp://ifcss.org/software/data, November 1993.

    I think the popular version of cangjie-table.b5 used in
    various free softwares is 1.02 released on 1993-May.
            e.g.
            http://linenum.info/p/emacs/22.1/leim/MISC-DIC/cangjie-table.b5?page=1
            http://linenum.info/p/emacs/22.1/leim/MISC-DIC/cangjie-table.b5?page=27
    It includes 13059 entries to cover Big5 with ETen extension.

    On the other hand, Unihan.txt 5.1.0 (2008-Mar-03) includes
    29148 entries. I don't know who added extra kCangjie to
    cover the characters which are not included in original
    cangjie-table.b5 by Christian.

    Regards,
    mpsuzuki