Re: Another translation posted

From: satai (satai@kartulad.com)
Date: Wed Jun 17 2009 - 12:12:21 CDT

    You're wrong about Universal. Try to review Google results - "a Universal"
    returns mostly pages in English, not in Hungarian, so 159 000 pages are
    quite good, but most of them are in English, while 22 000 "az"-es are pure
    Hungarian phrases. Try to search more complex, certainly Hungarian phrase
    instead and you'll see drastic difference: 5 500 "az universal mellett" and
    6 "a universal mellett".

    What about article usage, I agree that your arguments are correct for a
    pronunciation-driven usage, but it seems like for foreign abbreviations
    people try to use a spelling-driven one. Try to review UNESCO, UNICEF, UNO,
    Universal, Univision (), University of Florida (5400 az, 99 a), United
    Nations (1050 az, 692 a). Last two aren't even abbreviations, but are pure
    English words.