Re: Another translation posted

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 10:01:16 CDT

    I think it does not have anything with the age of the word to do, but
    how familiar it is and how hard it is to pronounce in the original
    language, and how well it fits into the patterns of the local
    language. At least in Swedish, there is an ongoing transformation,
    with new forms popping up all the time, with different degrees of
    acceptance in different contexts.

       Hans