Ultracode bar code symbology for Unicode 5

From: Hohberger, Clive (CHohberger@zebra.com)
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 08:44:30 CDT

    Dear Friends,

    Over the last decade I developed a bar code symbology which is designed to support Unicode 5 and all future versions of Unicode which encode codepoints on Code planes 0 - 16 only.

    The specification is about to be released by the AIM technical Symbology Committee (of which I am a member) for 30 day public review prior to issuance as a specification. I will post information on the access and public review process when it is ready.

    But I have a simple but annoying problem which I'm sure someone has solved. I am trying to encode the following Korean Zoo cage label as an Ultracode example:

    표본: C. Bothrops jararaca 유래: 브라질
    보고: 20090323.BR27A3gk4 저자: A. Magellães

    I'm sure Windows must have some facility, or there is a utility program, to allow me to click on the Hangul and retrieve the UTF-16. Can anybody enlighten me?
    Thanks,
    Clive

    Clive P. Hohberger, PhD
    Consultant to
    Zebra Technologies Corporation
    333 Corporate Woods Parkway
    Vernon Hills, IL 60061-3109 USA

    (office) +1 847 793 2740
    (mobile) +1 847 910 8794

    - CONFIDENTIAL-
    This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.