Re: Ultracode bar code symbology for Unicode 5

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 10:01:23 CDT

    On 7/25/2009 6:44 AM, Hohberger, Clive wrote:
    > But I have a simple but annoying problem which I'm sure someone has solved. I am trying to encode the following Korean Zoo cage label as an Ultracode example:
    >
    > 표본: C. Bothrops jararaca 유래: 브라질
    > 보고: 20090323.BR27A3gk4 저자: A. Magellães
    >
    > I'm sure Windows must have some facility, or there is a utility program, to allow me to click on the Hangul and retrieve the UTF-16. Can anybody enlighten me?

    I got tired of having to do it the long way, so I added a capability to
    identify such mystery characters to my unibook utility. A new version
    has just been released which allows you to paste an unknown character
    (as character, not only as code) into the Goto panel, and then the
    program will display the Unicode listing for that character.

    The new version of Unibook is available for free download at
    http://unicode.org/unibook/

    A./