Re: Ultracode bar code symbology for Unicode 5

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 10:22:02 CDT

    On 7/25/2009 7:44 AM, Murray Sargent wrote:
    > Clive asks how to retrieve the UTF-16 when selecting Hangul in Windows programs. In general the clipboard format CF_UNICODETEXT yields UTF-16 on Windows.

    That's what I'm using in the latest Unibook (build 248.5) that's up on
    http://unicode.org/unibook/ right now. You simply put the character into
    the clipboard, paste it into the goto box and it jumps to the proper
    page and pulls up the listing. Not only do you get the Unicode character
    code, but all the other information from the nameslist, and in context.

    A./

    PS: you should check it out. The latest download also contains the beta
    version of the character property data for Unicode 5.2 - Unibook gives
    you a great way to visually review many of these properties, especially
    useful to check for characters you work with all the time to review if
    there are any changes in assigned values for those properties, before
    the UTC deadline :)