Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 04:25:22 CDT
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:14:18 +0200
Hans Aberg <email@example.com> wrote:
>On 13 Aug 2009, at 01:03, Yasuo Kida wrote:
>> If you are looking for different Japanese typefaces the following
>> site is the best one as far as I know. It is in Japanese but
>> probably you can navigate through by looking at images.
>One can try translation services, though the result may be funny:
I think google translation doesn't understand some Japanese
typographic terminology ("Gothic-Tai" is translated as
"Body Gothic"). I recommend to check ISO/IEC 9541-1 that
includes various typeface classification (some groups are
submitted by Japanese experts), it provides longer description.
BTW, I'm not sure what Christine Snow is looking for really.
* A Japanese calligraphic typeface?
- for traditional vertical writing mode?
- is it required to be readable for modern Japanese people?
* A Japanese typeface (that is recognized to) harmonize with
italic Latin typafaces, in Japanese/Latin mixed text?
* A Japanese typeface with a role that an italic Latin typeface
plays in Latin text?
* A Japanese typeface which looks different from popular
Mincho & Gothic?
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Thu Aug 13 2009 - 04:28:05 CDT