Re: Request clarification on disunification based on different character properties

From: Mark Davis ⌛ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 19:58:16 CDT

    It depends. Letters and numbers in different scripts are generally
    disunified, even if the range of acceptable glyph shapes (including
    positioning and advance width) is essentially coextensive (O in Latin,
    Cyrillic, Greek). Punctuation, symbols, and marks are generally unified if
    the range of acceptable glyph shapes is essentially coextensive ("?" in
    Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, others).

    However, there are not hard-and-fast rules, because many factors come into
    play.

    Mark