Re: Request clarification on disunification based on different character properties

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 2009 - 19:09:33 CDT

    On 2009-Aug-27 12:44, Asmus Freytag wrote:
    >> Most of the text in the P&P document that is complicated, is
    >> complicated for a reason, and "simplifying" it carries the risk of
    >> changing the meaning.
    > Couldn't have said it better.

    OK more to the point:

    I have a character in an Indic script that is not yet encoded. It is
    equal in appearance to another character already encoded in a different
    block but it should be given a different gc from the existing character.
    Will I be allowed to encode it or not, given the disunification
    principles? Or would it be done only on a case-by-case basis?

    --
    Shriramana Sharma