Re: What happened to proposal of Telugu nukta?

From: Vinodh Rajan (vinodh.vinodh@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 12:35:14 CDT

    I doubt the native usage of Telugu Nukta. I presume its a compatibility
    character just like non-existant Tamil Anusvara

    See the related discussion here:

    http://groups.google.com/group/telugublog/browse_thread/thread/94275f0cc1b07c21

    People here were discussing about denoting the Z sound in Telugu. And one
    person commented it would be nice if there was a separate "combining telugu
    numeral two" as in the case of Telugu "Tza" and "Tsa", to create new
    letters.

    (And the remarks about Telugu Nukta, and suggestion to give a Unicode
    proposal are mine )

    Either they were unaware of the existance of a Telugu Nukta or such a
    character doesn't exist all (like Tamil Anusvara).

    http://unicode.org/~emuller/iwg/ <http://unicode.org/%7Eemuller/iwg/> also

    --
    http://tamilcc.org/thoorihai/thoorihai.php