Error in UTF #10

From: Charlie Ruland ☘ (ruland@luckymail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 13:09:16 CDT

    In connection with Mark’s reply to Satoshi’s ‘Japanese text handling
    problem’ I took a brief look at UTF #10 at
    http://unicode.org/reports/tr10/ where I found the following lines in
    the table called ‘Example Differences’:

    German Dictionary: öf < of
    German Telephone: of < öf

    I firmly believe that it’s the other way round: in ‘telephone order’,
    ‘ö’ is treated the same as ‘oe’ though generally (and in most [or all?]
    of my dictionaries) ‘ö’ is sorted after plain ‘o’.

    I’m therefore convinced the example should read:

    German Dictionary: of < öf
    German Telephone: öf < of

    --
    Charlie • 查理 • चार्ली • Чарли • تشارلي