Re: Gutenberg and ligatures

From: philip chastney (
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 05:45:31 CDT

  • Next message: William_J_G Overington: "Entering Unicode text using a telephone (from Re: Unicode Haiku Contest)"

    doesn't "logotype" also suggest the font used, as well?

    "digraph" would be OK, perhaps, except that common usage seems to reserve the term for two disjoint characters denoting a single sound, as in "ch", etc


    --- On Sat, 24/10/09, Michael Everson <> wrote:

    From: Michael Everson <>
    Subject: Re: Gutenberg and ligatures
    To: "unicode Unicode Discussion" <>
    Date: Saturday, 24 October, 2009, 5:10 PM

    On 24 Oct 2009, at 09:46, William_J_G Overington wrote:

    > Is there a term other than "ligature" to describe a matrix or piece-of-type with two-or-more non-ligature characters on them?


    > How about pluglyph as an appropriate word?


    Michael Everson *

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Sat Oct 24 2009 - 05:48:22 CDT