Entering Unicode text using a telephone (from Re: Unicode Haiku Contest)

From: William_J_G Overington (wjgo_10009@btinternet.com)
Date: Sat Oct 24 2009 - 05:47:25 CDT

    I greatly enjoyed writing and sending in entries to the recent Unicode Haiku Contest. Over the course of a week I found the contest an inspiration for creative writing.

    One of my entries could perhaps usefully be conserved as the basis for a Technical Report about entering Unicode text using a telephone, in particular a land-line telephone that has only twelve buttons, namely digits 0 through to 9, star and octothorpe. The method does not make use of the octothorpe button.

    Alt code then a star
    Enter text by telephone
    Extra star to end!

    A Technical Report would need an explanation of an Alt code and so on and a few examples, yet the haiku seems to have everything a person with knowledge of Unicode and Alt codes would need to use the method.

    William Overington