Re: JavaScript & Fonts

From: Michael D'Errico (mike-list@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 23:53:43 CST

    I stumbled across the following page which suggests font families to
    use in various situations including for math symbols:

    http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/web/tips/fontcss.html

    Notably it says *not* to use the Symbol font since it varies depending
    on whether it is a pre-Unicode version. For example a normal "S"
    becomes a sigma on older systems.

    Unfortunately I don't think it helps me much since Arial Unicode MS
    is not installed on Windows XP unless you have Office.

    Mike