Date: Thu Nov 19 2009 - 19:12:04 CST
There are new drafts of Unicode specifications connected with IDNA and
* UTS #46: Unicode IDNA Compatibility Processing
* UTS #39: Unicode Security Mechanisms
* UTR #36: Unicode Security Considerations
The major changes include the following:
* Major rework based on the UTC and editorial committee decisions.
The text and specification are simplified considerably.
* The FAQ section was separated from the document and rewritten as
an independent FAQ page
* Draft data files were restructured
* Added a comparison table of IDNA2003, UTS46, and IDNA2008
/NOTE: IDNA2008 is not final, and the draft UTS46 may undergo changes
depending on the final form of IDNA2008/
* The confusable data was revised to add data extracted from a
comparison of font data from Windows and Mac
* Additional mappings were also added, such as "rn" ~ "m"
* The characters recommended for identifiers were updated based on
* Added new sections
o 3.6 Secure Encoding Conversion
o 3.7 Enabling Lossless Conversion to Unicode
The public review period for these specifications ends on January 26, 2010.
If you have comments for official UTC consideration, please post them by
submitting your comments through our feedback & reporting page:
If you wish to discuss issues on the Unicode mail list, then please
use the following link to subscribe (if necessary). Please be aware
that discussion comments on the Unicode mail list are not automatically
recorded as input to the UTC. You must use the reporting link above
to generate comments for UTC consideration.
---- All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Thu Nov 19 2009 - 19:18:51 CST